You load up your truck and head over to your favorite fishing spot. You love your usual place but sometimes wonder about other fishing holes.
What are the top places to go fishing in the United States? What are the most breathtaking places that will make you go “WOW”? We’re going to give you a list of these spots. These are the places that will leave you with incredible memories.
If you’re ready to add these to your bucket list, then keep reading on.
1. The Florida Keys – Florida
If saltwater fishing is what you’re looking for, then the Florida Keys should be your number one destination. It’s notoriously known for the variety of fish you can catch and for its size.
From tuna to marlin, there is no shortage of trophy fish for you to catch. You’ll feel like a professional big game fisherman when you visit the keys in the sunshine state.
Plus who doesn’t want an excuse to head over to Florida when it’s possibly snowing in your home town?
Alaska is pretty much considered a fishing state. From freshwater to saltwater fishing you have an amazing pipeline of options. Salmon, trout, cod…the list goes on and on.
Alaska also has some of the most beautiful natural scenery in North America. So on top of great fishing you also get to see a night sky that most people will never see in their lifetime.
Here are a few spots you should go fishing while you’re in Alaska…
· Bristol Bay - Salmon fishing is BIG here. While it may get crowded at times this is THE place for salmon fishing. People come from all over the world to catch salmon here.
· Campbell Point Lake – This is a great area for catching both salmon and trout. What makes this area special is that you can catch arctic char fish which is difficult to find in other areas.
· Kodiak Island - With its incredible road system, Kodiak Island offers you an incredible amount of options for fishing in small lakes and rivers.
California…Known for Hollywood, beautiful weather, and Silicon Valley. But California also offers some of the best fishing spots in the U.S. Here are a few places we recommend…
· Sacramento River at Brannan Island State Park – It’s known mostly for the amount of salmon available, but you can also catch striped bass and trout if you head up there in the spring. Great for a day to spend with the family as you have hiking trails, and swimming available.
· Yosemite National Park - Yosemite is known for its beautiful waterfalls, wildlife and mountains, but rainbow trout are abundant here too. Have an amazing day fishing while taking in some of the most beautiful scenery in the country.
With what many consider to be the best weather in U.S., California offers an unforgettable experience. Whether you head up to Northern California or head down to So-Cal you can be sure you’ll have an amazing time. This is one that should be at the top of your list.
There it is…Our list of the top fishing destinations in the U.S.
All of the places listed above offer once in a lifetime fishing experiences. And you might just come away with an awesome catch as well!
Know any other great places to go fishing in U.S.? Please let us know in the comments below!